Thank you for visiting the website of Law in the Valley (“LITV”, “We”, “Our”).
LITV is a boutique law firm providing a wide variety of legal services to clients in the United States. Our website (the “Site”) provides general information about the legal services that we offer and/or other general information and resources.
1 ACCESS TO OUR SITE; DISCLAIMERS
1.1.1 Purposes. We use the Site to promote and provide information on our services.
No Client-Lawyer Relationship is Created by Your Use of This Site. No client-lawyer relationship between you and the Firm is or may be created by your access to or use of the websites or any information contained on them. The only way to become our client is through a mutual agreement in writing as described below. Further, none of the information on these websites constitutes legal advice, nor does it necessarily reflect the opinions of the Firm, our attorneys or our clients.
Please Contact Us If You Would Like Us to Represent You. If you are interested in asking us to represent you, please call us, email us, or otherwise contact us so we can determine whether the matter is one for which we are willing or able to accept professional responsibility. If you submit information to us by email or otherwise, you acknowledge that it will not be considered to be confidential absent an express written agreement by LITV to maintain your information in confidence. We reserve the right to decline any representation and may be required to decline representation if it would create a conflict of interest with any of our current or former clients.
You Should Not Rely on the Information Contained in the Site. The information provided on the websites is general in nature and does not apply to any particular factual, legal, medical, financial, insurance, or other situation. As such, you should not rely on any information on our Site and should seek professional advice as you determine to be appropriate.
1.1.5 Prohibited Conduct. In order to use this Site, you agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities:
- copying, distributing, or disclosing any part of the Site in any medium, including without limitation by any automated or non-automated “scraping”;
- using any automated system, including without limitation “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc., to access the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to the LITV’s servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional web browser (except that LITV grants the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from our Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials);
- transmitting spam, chain letters, or other unsolicited email;
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Service;
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Site;
- collecting or harvesting any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site;
- using the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
- interfering with the proper working of the Site;
- accessing any content on the Site through any technology or means other than those provided or authorized by the Site; or
- bypassing the measures, we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site, including without limitation features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Site or the content therein.
We may, without prior notice, change the Site; stop providing any features of the Site, to you; or create usage limits for the Site.
2 USER CONTENT
2.1 Definition. Any text, photographs, videos, artwork, ideas, questions, reviews, comments, suggestions or other content that you submit or post to the Site or otherwise provide to us are referred to as “User Content”. You retain ownership of your User Content.
2.2 License Grant. By sharing, submitting or uploading any User Content, you grant LITV a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, copy, distribute, display, publish, perform, sell, transmit, adapt, translate, modify, reverse-engineer, disassemble and create derivative works from your User Content in any manner existing now or created in the future for the purposes of providing the Service to you.
2.3 Your Responsibility for User Content. You agree not to post User Content that: (i) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, or to any animal; (ii) may create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person or property; (iii) seeks to harm or exploit children by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable details or otherwise; (iv) may constitute or contribute to a crime or tort; (v) contains any information or content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, or otherwise objectionable; (vi) contains any information or content that is illegal. You agree that you are solely responsible for all User Content that you post on the Site. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that (1) you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to grant us the required rights to disseminate any User Content and (2) neither your User Content nor your posting of your User Content or our use of your uploaded User Content on the Site, will infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or any other intellectual property rights or rights of publicity or privacy or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
2.4 No Obligation Regarding User Content. We will not have any obligation to hold any User Content in confidence or compensate you or anyone else for its use. We have the right to remove or edit any User Content for any reason or no reason at all.
3 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY; THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
3.1 Intellectual Property Rights, LITV Content. All content (other than User Content) on the Site or otherwise made available via the Site, including the text, notes, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, inter-activities and the like (“Content”), the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”), the design of the Site (“Site Design”), and all software and other technology used to provide the Site (“Technology”), are owned by or licensed to LITV and/or its affiliates. Content is provided to you “as is” for your information and personal use only and may not be used, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Site, Content, Marks, Site Design and Technology. Using the Site does not give you any ownership of or right in or to any Content, Marks, Site Design and Technology.
4 WARRANTIES AND DISCLAIMERS
4.1 No Warranties. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE TRY TO PROVIDE ACCURATE AND COMPLETE INFORMATION BUT LITV DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, AND ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
4.2 Use of Site is at Your Own Risk. LITV DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR EMAILS SENT TO YOU WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, SECURE, FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE, OR THAT ALL INFORMATION WILL BE ACCURATE OR COMPLETE. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR HARDWARE OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF MATERIAL OR DATA. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT ON THE SITE, ANY LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES OR ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES.
4.3 Rights may vary from State to State. Some States do not allow exclusion of implied warranties, so these exclusions may not apply in individual cases. Your rights may vary from state to state. To the extent that we may not, as a matter of law, disclaim any implied warranty, the scope and duration of such warranty will be the maximum permitted under such applicable law.
5 LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL LITV, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, EVEN IF LITV HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. THIS DISCLAIMER SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE NATURE OF YOUR CLAIM, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY, VIOLATION OF STATUTES OR OTHEWISE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
7 USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address, to send you other messages, including information about the us and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings or sending an email to email@example.com. Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding LITV or special offers.
8 COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT; NOTICE AND TAKE DOWN PROCEDURES
We respect the intellectual property of others and we expect our users of our Site to do the same. In connection with our Site, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting copyright law that provides for the removal of any infringing materials and for the termination, in appropriate circumstances, of users of our Site who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights, including copyrights, in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (“DMCA”).
If you believe that one of our users is, through the use of our Site, unlawfully infringing the copyright(s) in a work, and wish to have the allegedly infringing material removed, please complete the following DMCA Notice and deliver it to our designated Copyright Agent:
- your physical or electronic signature;
- identification of the copyrighted work(s) that you claim to have been infringed;
- identification of the material on our Site that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove;
- sufficient information to permit us to locate such material;
- your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or under the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright that has allegedly been infringed or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(f), any misrepresentation of material fact (falsities) in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
The designated Copyright Agent for LITV is:
Attn: DMCA Notice – Julie Alimi
Address: Law in the Valley, 1702-L Meridian avenue, Ste 337, San Jose, California 95125
9 TERM AND TERMINATION
10 MISCELLANEOUS MATTERS
10.1 Force Majeure. We shall not be liable for damages for any delay or nonperformance resulting from a) delays in receipt of final specifications, information, or instructions from you, (b) changes in specifications or instructions, or (c) force majeure, including without limitation, acts of God, strikes, riots, labor disturbances, material shortages, nonperformance by subcontractors or suppliers, abnormal manufacturing conditions or costs, delays or failures of carriers or communications, fire, flood, storms, ice, snow, accident, war, explosion, accidents, epidemics, governmental orders or regulations or inability to secure any necessary governmental or other permits, court orders, or any other reason beyond our reasonable control.
10.4 Waiver. A waiver of any condition or default is not a waiver of any subsequent default.
Last Updated onFebruary 24, 2020.